This (General Awareness ) section is easy to score in many recruitment examinations like SSC , RRB, RBI , SBI , Insurance , Postal and other State level recruitment and competitive examinations.
Current Affairs updates till 11th February,2016 are covered. Updates on 10th February and 11th February are covered.
1. Indian Origin Harinder Sidhu has been appointed as the next High Commissioner to India by Australia. Sidhu is a senior officer in Australia's Foreign Affairs and Trade Department.
2. Christine Lagarde has been nominated for the second term of the head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Lagarde got support from UK , Germany , China , France and other countries.
3. Facebook stopped Free basics in India (as instructed by TRAI 's decision).
4. Lance Naik Hanamanthappa Koppad who survived on the Siachen Glacier left his last breath during treatment due to multi organ disinfection.
5.Sensex lost over 800 points in a single day. Indian equity indices extended their loses which are lower since 21 months. Nifty reached 7000 scale at the same time.
6. Four Indian Americans have been selected for the prestigious US National Academy of Engineering (NAE) in the list of 80 members for their valuable contributions to the society.
7. Ruthvika Shivani defeated PV Sindhu in straight games and won women's singles gold title at the South Asian Games.
8.Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayad Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi visited India. His visit lasts for three days and there will be ties on various matters between two countries.